Last week, I shared my 2015 Goals recap and mentioned that I hadn't quite yet put a finger on what direction I wanted my goals for 2016 to go in. I'm beginning to think I'm using it as an excuse to NOT come up with goals. But I do know that there are some things I want to do better, more of, or differently this year. I'll share them below.
- Diversify Posts - I know that I identify my blog as a lifestyle blog, but I think that in the last year it's been more of a personal blog than a lifestyle blog. Is there really a difference? I'm inclined to think so. When I look at international lifestyle blogs, they seem more well-rounded than mine. There are many style posts, or food posts (one's coming tomorrow so stay tuned), beauty posts, inspiration posts, etc. I'm not saying that what I've been doing isn't working (IMHO I think it IS working), but I would like to create more content that doesn't scream ME ME ME! When people ask me what my blog is about, I almost hide in an invisible shell because it feels weird saying, "Just me basically - where I go, events I attend, etc." I'd like more than that.
- Respond to Comments Everyday - I've been quite bad at this in the past few weeks, mostly because my workload at the office has been crazy (as in, crying-at-my-desk crazy). This year, I would like to answer all comments within 24 hours. When I think about blogging, I see it as having a conversation with someone (you). So if you respond to what I said in the first place, it's only courteous to acknowledge it, right?
- Visit Blog Links in Comments - I do this sporadically already. I may not comment (please forgive me) but I definitely want to check out who my readers are, especially when they're bloggers. So this is something that I want to be better at. I may not have the time to check them everyday, but I'll make a better effort to visit weekly.
- Understand Google Analytics and Learn SEO - I'm not a very technical blogger. I barely know what any of the reports on my Google Analytics dashboard mean. Everyone screams SEO and I know what the acronym stands for. I know the basic idea, but I just don't know how to do it. I'm going to learn and apply it this year.
- Hit 1 MILLION views!!! It's going to happen. Definitely. And you can help by sharing my posts, subscribing (see box on the right that says Follow By Email), follow and like my posts on Bloglovin, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- Add Vlogs to the mix - I'm already doing that, but I might run out of ideas quickly, so please make suggestions in the comments and I'll be sure to make videos about whatever topic you mention.
These are the Top 6 things I want to do regarding my blog in 2016.