How do you feel about the year already being half gone? It feels like yesterday that Cakes and I were on the way to church on December 31st, then decided to make a brief stop at home first, and I woke up around 3am while he slept through all the knockouts and fireworks - we completely missed crossing over into 2015. Anyways, after the first quarter of the year passed, I promised I would do an update post of both my Blogging and Personal Goals. I procrastinated until kingdom come, so here I am doing the updates now :D
|Are you following me on Instagram yet? @berrydakara|
- Interaction. I had thought about being more active on Social media platforms like Twitter, and even wondered about a BBM Group or Google Hangout. - But like a few people mentioned, I would need to dedicate a lot of time to those avenues. So I'm settling for having more comments on blog posts and Instagram.
- Post frequency. I wanted to post 4 to 5 times a week. - Some weeks I've done up to 5 posts, other weeks 4, and even to my chagrin, sometimes I've done 3 posts. I've done 105 posts this year, giving an average of 4 posts a week. I think my post frequency is fine as is. No?
- Structure. I wanted to have a proper blog schedule, like bigger and more successful blogs do. - To an extent, there's minimal scheduling so far. Maybe I'll give it another go for this month.
- Collaborations. I wanted to collaborate with brands this year.
- I've had a few giveaways this year so far, and a couple of advertisements. What I'm realizing though is that if you're not getting products for free, then you end up spending a lot of money because you want to promote a brand. Unless you're getting serious discounts and earning commissions on sales through your blog, then I'm not sure this avenue. On the other hand, I would like to collaborate with other bloggers if possible. I have a collabo post coming soon with Naija Nomads, so yay!
- Post diversity. I wanted to include relationship posts, some DIY, hair posts/advice, style or makeup posts, and maybe even a video or two.
- With style posts in particular, what I've noticed is that if I dress nice on a weekend, the outfit posts are part of my weekend post... and it seemed redundant to have a separate post just for the outfit. But you know what? Imma just roll with it. So what if I have 3 or 4 posts out of 1 outing?
- Lose at least 10lbs.
- In March, I announced the good news, and then mentally gave myself another goal. But somehow I've slacked waaaaaaay off!
- Go on a Naija Treks tour.
- Which I did!!! Read through my Ibadan posts here, here and here :)
- #BuyNigerian this year. By this I meant clothes.
- Some of the designers I've worn this year include Toju Foyeh (worn to twirl one weekend), Eve and Tribe (mini skirt from the Gidi Culture Fest, and jumpsuit from my cousin's wedding). Also shopped at The5KShop.com (remember my 1 Dress, 5 Ways post). I want to do more but I'm on a self-imposed shopping ban for now so...
- Learn how to wear a full face of makeup!!! Stella (of Stella's Addiction) holds makeup classes periodically, and I missed the first 3 (broke, out-of-town, clashed-with-schedule).
- She's having one this weekend, and I'm finally going!!! Of course there'll be a post about it. And maybe I can do makeup posts in the future too.
- Read more. I signed up with GoodReads and hoped to read 1 or 2 books a month. Additionally, my cousins and I signed up for the Chronological Bible Plan on Youversion, because I want to read the whole Bible this year.
- DO NOT EVEN ASK! Disaster much?
I think I need new goals. Or maybe improve on the goals I already have.