- Chatting/Skyping with my family
- Watching videos of my niece and nephew - they make my heart smile.
- Drinking a cuppa Earl Grey tea. It's my favorite tea, and I love the scent.
- Watch TV - now, this one can be a problem. For as long as I remember, I can sit down and watch up to 12 hours of TV. I think it's a bad thing because it's useful time that I can spend doing other things like reading or praying or cuddling. That being said, watching TV does relax me because I don't have to think. I can get lost in another world, be entertained, laugh, cry, whatever.
Now, let me share other ways I would like to relax, but don't indulge in enough.
- Praying and worshiping. I can do so much better with this but I don't. It makes me feel bad.
- Reading. I used to enjoy reading a lot. But these days, my attention span is so short and I feel like I can't concentrate on a book without reaching for my phone to chat or browse. I envy people who read.
- Listening to podcasts. I listen to some pastors (Andy Stanley and Joyce Meyer are favorites). I also listen to lifestyle podcasts like The Simple Sophisticate. I primarily listen to them on the way to or from work, as I need a way to alleviate Nigerian traffic stress.
- Beach life. Not the way Nigerians are used to o, with loud music blaring (must everything be a party with too loud music?). Left to me, early in the mornings, I would go and sit at the beach and watch the waves crash against the shore, the sea breeze enveloping me, and the beauty of the sky starring back at me.
What are YOUR favorite ways to relax?