Last week, I shared my personal goals for 2015. I'd like to announce that it's been over a week into the new year and I'm on track with the first goal (I've been exercising and trying to watch what I eat). I'm not doing well at all on the book reading one - I watch waaaaaaaaaay too much TV and seem to have lost the discipline of reading. For this I might have to limit my TV watching to 2 hours max per day, or do a lifestyle fast and drop TV for a little while (I've done it before). Anyways, I said I would share my blogging goals later and here they are...
- Interaction. I want the blog to be more interactive. I know my posts get comments, but I'd like to see more engagement (more comments, especially from the Silencios as I call you in my head). Apart from that though, I think I need to be more active on Twitter - maybe even host a Twitter chat (#AskBerryDakara or collaborate with others on themed Twitter chats). I'm also toying with the idea of having a Google Hangout or BBM Group. What do you think?
- Post frequency. Some people blog every single day. I have thought about it myself, but worry about burnout. Additionally, I have noticed less engagement when I have too many posts up per week (strange but true). So while I want to post more frequently, I think I will limit the posts to 4 or 5 a week.
- Structure. My blogging style is kind of random right now, but I would like to make it more structured. In reading other blogs, I'm learning that some bloggers actually have their posts scheduled for up to a month at a time. I'm not saying I want to copy others and discard my randomness/uniqueness. However, there is something to be learned from more successful bloggers.
- Collaborations. I haven't typically "allowed" advertisements on my blog - mainly because I don't really like to see them on other blogs. However, there are different ways of brand expansion online (e.g. reviews, giveaways, brand affiliations, etc) and I think these may fit the overall theme of my blog. So... this is to say, I'm open for business! (not "like that" o. Cakes will kill somebody)
- Post diversity. I would like to diversify the posts on my blog, so that you're getting different things from me. Of course, my silly random thoughts aren't going anywhere (like the one about my Secret Lover). However, I may want to include relationship posts, some DIY, hair posts/advice, style or makeup posts (if I ever get them right), and maybe even a video or two. I actually made a video last year but the person who helped me disappeared and only he and God know what happened to it.
So those are the major things I want for the blog this year. As my reader, I really value your opinion, and if you would take a few seconds to let me know your thoughts in the comments, I would highly appreciate it. I want to deliver great content to you this year, so help a sister out, aye?