Can this be my official HAPPY NEW YEAR post? Yes, yes, I know I have already put up 2 posts this year, but in my mind this is the one I wanted to put up first. So let's pretend today is January 1st. The first thing you have to do is leave your office or class, and tell them that Berry said today's a holiday. BUT if you get fired or an F, just know that I was not there by that time.
Soooo 2015. Who's excited? I kinda am. It's usually the time of the year when I'm bursting with ideas, and plans, and goals, and resolutions, and all that stuff. But this time, I dunno. Last month my girlfriends and I had dinner at Spice Route (Indian restaurant where I first met Bex and Fash). We talked about our plans for the new year, and guess what... I can't say that I have any firm plans. I think there'll be 1 or 2 big transitions this year, but I just don't know when. Because of that uncertainty, I'm not even sure if I should try to make other plans. But then again, I don't think that I should put my life on hold NOW because of FUTURE uncertainty, right?
I will just go ahead and list some general things that I want to do by my birthday in May. At least that's a start.
- I need to lose at least 10lbs. Since the wedding, I have gained 20lbs - NO JOKE. Let me just start with a smallish goal, and then work my way up. How I intend to do this is wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual to work out. This means sleeping early - which can be hard for me. I also have to change my diet. So far I'm thinking about completely cutting soda out. I will also try to avoid fried foods as much as possible.
- I want to go on a Naija Treks tour. Hopefully they have one before May, and I can join in the fun.
- I plan to #BuyNigerian this year. By this I mean clothes. There are some pretty good designers and stores here that aren't too pricey. No, I'm not trying to spend N50,000 on a top - but at the same time, it's time for me to actively patronize our small businesses here.
Erm, as you're buying Nigerian, make sure that you're buying from brands who know what they're doing. Unlike someborri below...
- I must learn how to wear a full face of makeup!!! Stella (of Stella's Addiction) holds makeup classes periodically, and I've missed the first 3 (broke, out-of-town, clashed-with-schedule). But I'm planning ahead for whenever she holds the next one. IF NOT, I will most definitely have to do like Dinma (ThatIgboChick) and learn from Youtube.
- And finally, I want to read more. I've signed up with GoodReads (Ebunite read like 20 million books last year) and I hope to read 1 or 2 books a month. Additionally, my cousins and I are doing the Chronological Bible Plan on Youversion (here's my profile if you want to be friends there), because I MUST read the whole Bible this year.
These are doable right? Later this week or next week, I'll discuss my plans for the blog because I want this to be a better and bigger year - I definitely want more interaction, so I'll throw some ideas out there and y'all can let me know what you think.
What are YOUR plans for 2015?
What are YOUR plans for 2015?