*Who remembers what DD stands for? The first person to remember and comment will get a gift from me, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LIVE!*
Anyways, as 2015 rolls around the corner, I thought it would be nice to have a little reflection on the past year.
Before I start, I have to say that Google Blogger is SERIOUSLY SLACKING!!! I've had this post scheduled for over a week now, only for me to check out new posts this morning via Bloglovin and Ms. Tizzle shows us the awesome 2014 report Wordpress created for her. I mean, worraheck?!?! Graphs, stats, all kinds of pretty things. Google, you better do better in 2015. *rolls eyes*
In 2014, I think the blog has grown quite a bit - nowadays, getting 1000+ views per day when I'm actively blogging is the norm... I even got up 4000 one day (I know it's chicken change for a whooooooole bunch of others, but we're celebrating my PROGRESS here)!
I was ecstatic when I crossed into 300,000 views this year! But I chose not to say anything because I didn't want that to be my focus. Little did I know that I would cross 350,000, and then 400,000 too! I just thank God and all you beautiful readers :)
This year, I also redesigned the blog, as I had gotten weary of the old design. I'm thinking about doing another one in the coming year - what do you think?
I also purchased my own domain, so you can go directly to Berrydakara.com now and get all the latest gist. I'm not self-hosting though, but who knows what will happen. In addition, I opened a Facebook page (Please like the page!!!) and have managed to snag over 100 followers. There are also 100+ followers on Bloglovin, and I crossed the 1,000 mark on Instagram. Meanwhile, I need to be more active on Twitter and utilize Pinterest well.
I have put up 191 posts this year, (this post makes it 192). It's just about the same number of posts I put up last year - 191. This means I've been consistent, so yay me. And all but maybe 5 have been ORIGINAL CONTENT, NOT sponsored posts, press releases, or celebrity/entertainment gossip/gist. (The lack of such posts means I don't make any money from this blog sha... Hmm...Hmm...Hmm!)
TOP 14 VIEWED POSTS IN 2014
- My thoughts on the Linda Ikeji saga aka LindaGate
- My very first post after the wedding Wedding Post
- Pictures from the garden party, Berry Floral Weekend
- My response to people that say Your body belongs to your husband
- I shared 20 Random Facts about Me
- Our Dubai trip posts
- My sorta-rant after someone referred to me as Unpolished Berry
- Berry and Cakes Kitchen Conversations
- Great advice on Why Pet Names are BAD for you
- What my Marriage bed is like
- The main reason why I don't like King Bey
- More awesome advice on why you should NOT have "Our" Song
- My birthday post, I Never Esperred it
- My very first Iro and Buba
MY FAVORITE POST OF THE YEAR
- My answer to the question, How is Married Life?
This is my last post for 2014. I hope and pray for a much better 2015 with growth, productivity, advancement, tenacity, and more. Thank you for a sweet 2014 and being my extended e-family. I really appreciate all of you.
*hugs from me*
Remember the first person who remembers what DD's are gets a present from me!