How are ya? How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? Did you eat anything good? Speaking of eating, I believe there's a Love Language that wasn't captured by Gary Chapman - FOOD! I really believe that Food is one of my dominant Love Languages. Not that I love food a lot (although I do), but I think love can be shown through food, and no, I don't necessarily need to have cooked it. Let me tell you why I think it's a Love Language... whenever I'm with Cakes, at some point I ask him if he's eaten, and if he hasn't and it's late, I lecture him on proper eating. Why? Because I care. My asking if he's eaten is one of the ways by which I show him I love him. Granted, he probably thinks I just feel like nagging him, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Anyways, here's a brief run through of what I did this weekend...
- I took my mum and aunt out to watch "Saro, the Musical." If you've been following my blog for a while, then you know that I enjoy performance art. So when I heard about this show, I was psyched and decided to take my mum and aunt out. I wish I had pictures (goes to search for pictures, didn't find any)... The show overall was pretty good. I feel like it's something, if done well, that can be taken to different stages around the world. The show had very good dancers, music, actors and they showed different Nigerian cultures soooooooo well! For a second there, I almost forgot Nigeria's million issues. As good as the show was, there were problems: TIMING (it started 45 mins late), SOUND (it killed me that waaaaaaay to many times, the sound was muffled or just off... fix your microphones), and LIGHTING (at one point, all the lights came on, and I wasn't sure what was going on. I would say to the producer/director - Good job, but it can be sooooo much better!
- I went for the TW Magazine Fitness Challenge Bootcamp 2! This is the second meetup since we first started. I think all the ladies have lost weight, body fat and inches. Oooooooooh, if you subscribe to TW Magazine, the current issue (with Tiwa Savage on the cover) has several pictures of me :p and the other ladies. I've lost a tiny amount of weight, but not anywhere near enough. God help me these remaining 5 weeks!
- I went to the beach (have you noticed how much I love water?) with Cakes and our family/friends. We had a marvelous time drinking coconut water, eating fresh coconuts and being drenched by the ocean. FUN TIMES!!!
- I had what I'm calling a mini but prolonged asthma attack. I say mini because I could function, but I knew I wasn't breathing well at all. Prolonged because I had to use my inhaler 3 times in 5 hours before I started breathing better. Suffice it to say, going to the Lagos Fashion and Design Week finale wasn't happening for me. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I MUST go next year, without fail!
- I connected with God! I'm ashamed to say it, but lately I've been flipflopping with my faith and spirituality. But yesterday, I made a much-needed effort into plugging into God's presence. I asked for forgiveness for a slew of things here and there. I poured my heart out. I just felt refreshed. It makes me wonder why I would ever choose sin and deal with guilt, over obeying God and feeling light.
- The devil tried to steal my joy! Well, PMS really. Cakes and I went on a wedding errand and by the end of the night, I was crying, blubbering, sniffing my eyes out. I'm pretty sure I'm just PMSing, but I think it includes wedding stress and apartment hunting. Y'all should help pray for us o. If not, I'll be looking for somebody's house to perch at after the wedding.
That was my weekend in a nutshell. Next weekend, I foresee a lot of Rest & Relaxation!!! God knows I need it.
Have a lovely week darl'ns!