I think December is generally my favorite time of the year, apart from May. Actually, the end of November up until the first week of January has traditionally been my favorite period of the year since forever. For me, it starts with Thanksgiving (America), and then all the Christmas music and decorations up until Christmas Day (during which we always have family time), and then New Year. Do you know that I haven't spent Christmas in Nigeria since 1996?!?!? When people talk about going home, and Christmas in Lagos, I don't know what they're talking about. This is the first year I'll be in Nigeria during this period, so it'll be interesting. I'll miss the 24/7 Christmas music though :( Christian/Inspirational radio stations play Christmas music round the clock starting December 1st, or right after Thanksgiving.
Anyways, it's all good. I can listen to online radio here, so yay me!
Allow me to share my favorite things about Christmas...
- It's Jesus' birthday! God loved us so much, that He sent His son! What's not to celebrate?
- Christmas movies, especially Love Actually and Home Alone 1! Favorite Christmas movies of ALL TIME!!!
- Christmas music, especially Mariah Carey's versions of any carols. My favorite Christmas carols are...
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo
Fay McKay - Twelve/Drunk Daze of Christmas (LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE - HILARIOUS)
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - Once Upon A Christmas
Mariah Carey - O Holy Night (Obviously)
Okay, it's enough, if not I'll post 50 songs!!!
- Family time! There's nothing more fun than spending time with family. I love my family sooooooooooo very much!
- Santa hats! Every year, we get Santa hats and wear them throughout the day :D
- Baileys Hot Chocolate - have you tried hot chocolate with Baileys on a cold Christmas morning?!
- Speaking of cold - being by the fireplace!!!! (Chai, I miss Hamrikur o)
- CHRISTMAS LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!!!
Okay, these are a few of my favorite things. What are your favorite things about December/Christmas?