Thanks to all of you who said a prayer for my family, those who left comments, those who called, and more. I really appreciate your thoughts, kind words and prayers. My uncle will be missed terribly. He'll be buried in a few weeks. His sons seem to be holding up well. His siblings have taken it really really hard. My grandparents are being strong. It's just hard to digest because we'd been praying for months and he was sooooo close to leaving for the surgery he needed (THIS SATURDAY was supposed to be the flight!!!)
Such is life [and death] I guess...
I don't know what a "good" transition is, coming from the somber post and mood that I've been in but I don't want to dwell in the sadness, so I'll use Nappily Nigerian's Leibster Award tag to move on. I'd been working on it last Monday when I got the news.
The rules are:
- Thank the nominator (is that a real word?) and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions posted
- Post your own 10 questions and nominate 10 bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Drink chapman because it's one of my favorite drinks
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I had finished NYSC and enjoyed blogging about the experience so much, that I wanted to keep going. I wasn't sure what angle to blog from, so I just decided to wing it and write about whatever comes to my mind.
2.If you didn't blog about your current topic, what else would you have blogged about?
If I didn't blog about me, I would have blogged about Not Shopping. As in, it would have been called No Shop Naija Gurl - and I would have posted 365 days of outfits from my closet.
*In retrospect, thank goodness I didn't go in that direction, because every now and then I get a serious shopping itch - e.g. How am I just now finding out that H&M USA has online shopping??? My cart has 11 items already*
3. Big dogs or small dogs, which do you prefer?
How about NO dogs!?!?!?
4. Describe yourself in one word...
Cartoon or maybe Random.
5. Who's your favorite author?
Erm... I don't know.
6. Dream holiday destination?
Bora Bora, then Greece, then Venice, then Madrid.
7. What's your favorite fruit?
Hmmm. I have no idea. Sometimes I really like bananas. Then I really like apples. Then I like strawberries. You know what, just because I have an apple on my desk at work, let's go with APPLE!
*10 minutes later: the apple was stale and yucky, and someone offered me a banana, so I'm changing my favorite fruit to BANANA!*
8. Little white, black or red dress, which would you wear?
Black most likely, but I like LRDs.
9. What's your favorite beauty product?
Eeek. I don't know a lot of my favorite things. Any jasmine-scented body spray or perfume.
10. If you had a goldfish, what would you name it?
HARRY! And if it's a girl, DAISY! I have absolutely no idea why.
My 10 Questions for my nominees
1. Why is your blog name what it is?
2. What's your preferred way to eat bread? PB & J, Butter, Margarine, Nutella, what?!
3. What would your superhero power be?
4. What kinda phone do you use?
5. Blogger, Wordpress, or other?
6. Which would you choose - diamonds or pearls?
7. What's your favorite kind of chocolate - Milk, Dark, or unnatural ungodly White? And if you don't like chocolate, what went wrong in your life???!!!
8. What are your feelings about the recent political crisis in Anambra State? Just kidding - what are your feelings about Facebook?
9. What's your favorite cake flavor? If you answer correctly, you'll get a FREE CAKE from Cakes! Answer very carefully.
10. What's your preferred internet browser - Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, non-entities?
Erm, will update list later...