*insert moment of confusion mixed with a blank stare* (:-S + (:-| = (:-/
WHAT THE WHA WHAAAAAAAAAAA?
SAY WHAT NOW?
As a typical drama-queen, my first reaction to a situation like this would be: What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is he trying to say that you can't cook? Is he trying to say that he wants you to cook for him? Wait... did you ask him for a cookbook? Ok, what kinda cookbook is it - Baking, Asian, French, etc (the cuisine matters)? Did he say he bought it for you, or it's for two of you to cook together with? Do you like to cook? Was it out of the blue? Had you talked about cooking beforehand? Is he trying to send you a message? And if he is, WHAT IS THE MESSAGE here?!?!
I think that there are some gifts guys should just not buy for their wives/girlfriends:
- COOKWARE/COOKBOOK - If she's not a chef and she didn't ask you for one, you're asking for trouble.
- CLEANING STUFF - How about I mop the floor with your face?!
- EXERCISE EQUIPMENT - If she's not a fitness junkie, or she hasn't asked you to help her, then get ready for a deluge of tears and insecurity on her part.
- CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG - It means that you think she's fat
- CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO SMALL - It means you want her to lose weight
- SELF-HELP BOOKS - Are you saying I need help? :-O
Let's focus on this cookbook thing though. What does it mean when a guy buys his gf/wife a cookbook, if she didn't ask for one?